Featured post

From D/O to W/O.

And she suddenly woke up in the middle of the night. The sudden anxiousness and terror was in the air surrounding her. Not very late that ...

Tuesday 21 May 2013

SUMMER BREAK!

New plans, new hopes :D

I am very delighted to know that I have been selected for the prestigious IAS Fellowship-2013 and will be interning at Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad for two months (20thmay  – 21st july).


CDFD, HYDERABAD
           IAS Fellowship is one of the reputed summer research fellowship programs in India. The three national science academies offer several two month Summer fellowships to enable students/teachers to work with scientists associated with three academies.    
           
            The selection criteria for this fellowship is based on write-up, cgpa and a recommendation letter from a prof. Though my writeup was about Bacterial Genetics, my work is going to be about Plant Pathology. (Yeah, I know it’s very sad)

I will be working under Dr.Madhusudan Reddy in DNA Finger printing lab, whose research work is on "Genomics and Profiling Applications". My project is related to plant pathology.

I generally detest any academic stuff related to plants. But, I had absolutely nothing to do about it :/ except for showing some enthusiasm towards the subject and learning more about it. This was my job prior to joining in the lab :P now I can work peacefully :)
The best part is that I get to know about Forensic work :D Yaay! B)
This is the team i will be working with!
 DNA FINGERPRINTING LAB


I was desperately waiting for this day to step into the lab and take a look at the cultures of "Colletotrichum Capsici"


I am alloted a single room in a triple bedroom flat along with other Msc students. I became friends with all PhD's in my lab. These people are so fun! They always remind me of my friends whom I am already missing. But it's amazing here.


Hoping that my stay here would enhance my knowledge and introduce me to new horizons of Science and Technology.


Happy Summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment